Just a quick reminder about the Buffalo Paddle Fest on July 12th, 2014.
I also want to remind everyone about another event happening this summer, The North Shore Stand Up event, more details to come.
Buffalo Paddle Festival
Saturday, Jul 12, 2014 9:00 AM
Gallagher Beach, NFTA Boat Harbor Park
The Mission of the inaugural Buffalo Paddle Festival is to bring awareness to the recreational opportunities on Buffalo’s Waterfront and to promote environmental awareness and stewardship for its waterfront. Proceeds from the event will benefit WNY Adaptive Water Sports a 501 (c)(3) local chapter of Disabled Sports USA organized to promote and advocate water recreation for the disabled.
The Buffalo Paddle Festival will be held Saturday July 12, 2014 (Sunday July 13, 2014 alternate date due to weather cancellation) and include approximately a competitive race and recreational races for Kayaking, Canoeing, and Stand Up Paddle Boarding within the harbor of Gallagher Beach. Awards and swag will be given to the top three winners in each division for both long and short races. WNY Adaptive Water Sports will hold demonstrations of adaptive paddling and other water sports activities for the disabled. In addition, Paths, Peaks & Paddles, Buffalo Paddle Board Co and City Of Light Fitness will hold Kayak, Canoe, and Stand Up Paddle Board demonstrations, provide rentals, and fitness classes.
Event Itinerary (Tentative)
- Kayak, Canoe, and Stand Up Paddle Board Demos: Spectators and participants will have the opportunity to test out Stand Up Paddle Boards, Kayaks, and Canoes from local dealers.
- Kayak, Canoe, and Stand Up Paddle Board Lessons: Take a lesson from a certified instructor on the hour starting at 12:30PM. (limited availability)
- Stand Up Paddleboard Yoga Demo: Schedule for a SUP Yoga class on the hour starting at 12:30PM. (limited availability)
- Adaptive Water Sport Clinics: Demonstrations of adaptive paddling clinics for the physically challenged by WNY Adaptive Water Sports and Cape Ability Outrigger Ohana – Chapters of Disabled Sports USA.
- Fitness Classes: Yoga, Stand Up Paddleboard Fitness, Barre Centric and various outdoor fitness classes offered (TBA).